“Melting the Ice in the Hearts of Men” is the fourth album of OUR SURVIVAL DEPENDS ON US. The unique quintet from Austria combines elements of classic metal genres with shoreless influences that words can barely describe.
Release date: 8. february via Van Records
The recording process began in 2017 with intense rehearsals in the mountains of Salzburg. Isolated from distractions, there existed only sheer contemplation. The surroundings proved highly beneficial for the detailed arrangements of the new compositions. In early 2018 the band recorded the tracks live at Rockhouse/Salzburg before entering the Klangschmiede Norikum for overdubs and additional recordings. The final step was post-production in May 2018 when OSDOU worked at the Woodshed Studios in Landshut, Germany, to arrange the recordings with Victor Santura (Triptykon) and Michael Zech (The Ruins of Beverast). During one week of engineering, mixing and mastering they raised a massive wall of sound from even the most delicate elements of their compositions.
Here is the FULL ALBUM STREAM:
* Guests: Alan Averill (Primordial) and Victor Santura (Triptykon)
* Cover Art by Alex ‘Irrwisch’ Trinkl and Elijah Tamu
1. Galahad – “Dissolving The Illusion Of All Worldly Things”
2. Gold and Silver – “Which God, Which King, Which Law Condemns Us To Everlasting Slavery?”
3. Song of the Lower Classes
4. Sky Burial – “Survival Depends On The Mercy Of The Elements”
Mucho Kolb: Vocals, Guitar
Thom Kinberger: Vocals, Guitar
Barth Resch: Bass, Vocals
Hajot Gmeilbauer: Keys
Thomas Apfelthaler: Drums