CLOUD RAT presents its fourth full-length album: Pollinator. The 14 track album will be released September 13 via Artoffact Records. The first track from Pollinator – Webspinner – is available to stream via Bandcamp, preorders are available now and the album can be pre-saved on streaming services.
CLOUD RAT guitarist Rorik Brooks describes the new album: “Pollinator is our most complete and accomplished work yet. It is the quintessence of everything we’ve tried to say and do before, and it’s kind of fitting that we are coming up on a decade of being a band together.”
Over the past ten years, CLOUD RAT has established itself as one of the most compelling bands in the underground. Over a staggering number of releases – four full-length albums, eleven EPs and splits, a live album, and various other comps, in one decade – the Michigan band has made a name for itself via sheer emotion and musical freedom. Emerging from the space where hardcore punk spirals into grindcore, CLOUD RAT is that and so much more. The band knows no limits and incorporates influences from across the map – black metal, noise, doom, goth, folk, and beyond – all while retaining its realness and urgency.
Brooks, drummer Brandon Hill, and vocalist Madison Marshall captivate from start to finish – each member’s performance is strummed, beaten, and belted out with conviction. Underneath the grind, dark synths swell, adding an extra dimension of heaviness.
As a companion piece to Pollinator, CLOUD RAT has devoted an entire EP to its more experimental leanings: Artoffact will release Do Not Let Me Off the Cliff as the second disc in a 2-CD digipak version of Pollinator.
Pollinator was recorded and mixed by JC Griffin and Rorik Brooks at Lakebottom Recording House in Toledo, Ohio. Do Not Let Me Off the Cliff was recorded and mixed by Brooks at his home studio, The Overlook. The music was mastered by Brad Boatright at Audiosiege. The artwork and layout were created by Renata Rojo.
CLOUD RAT has toured the world, including runs with with peers such as Thou, False, and Wolves in the Throne Room. Upcoming 2019 shows include September dates with Artoffact Records labelmates Kælan Mikla and further tour dates are in the pipeline.
1) Losing Weight
2) Delayed Grief // Farmhouse Red
3) Seven Heads
4) Night Song
6) The Mad
7) Al Di La
8) Last Leaf
12) Luminescent Cellar
Do Not Let Me Off the Cliff tracklist:
2) Keep Flies
5) The Portal of God Is Nonexistence
6) Pity Sex
7) Dropping from Trees
Madison Marshall – vocals
Rorik Brooks – guitar, keyboards, samples
Brandon Hill – drums
• Cloud Rat - 2010, IFB Records, Otherwise Dead Records, Midwestern Decline Records
• Split w/ Xtra Vomit - 2010, Life Like Records / 2011, IFB Records
• Split w/ The Oily Menace & Wolbachia - 2011, IFB Records, Blackhouse Records
• Split w/ Autarkeia - 2011, IFB Records
• Fever Dreams - 2011, Grindcore Karaoke
• Split w/ Republic of Dreams - 2012, IFB Records, React With Protest Records, Moment of Collapse Records, 50 Year Storm Records
• Monomaniac - 2012, Blastbeat Mailmurder Productions
• Moksha - 2013 - Halo of Flies Records, IFB Records, React With Protest Records, 7 Degrees Records
• Split w/ Orgullo Primitivo - 2014, IFB Records
• Blind River - 2014, self-released
• Qliphoth - 2015, Halo of Flies Records, IFB Records, React With Protest Records, Moment of Collapse Records, 7 Degrees Records
• Split w/ Drugs of Faith - 2015, Selfmadegod Records
• Discography 2010-2015 - 2016, Dead Tank Records, Moment of Collapse Records, Absolute Contempt Records, Here and Now! Records
• Split w/ Crevasse - 2017, Halo of Flies Records, Contraszt! Records
• Split w/ Moloch - 2017, Halo of Flies Records, Feast of Tentacles Records
• Split w/ Disrotted - 2017, Halo of Flies Records, Dry Cough Records
• Blightseed w/ The World Is A Vampire - 2018, IFB Records, Feast of Tentacles Records
• Split w/ Test - 2018, Moment of Collapse Records, Dead Tank Records, Laja Records, 255 Records
• Clipped Beaks / Silk Panic MMXVII - 2018, Dead Tank Records, Moment of Collapse Records
• Pollinator - 2019, Artoffact Records