Norwegian orchestral Black Metal project Hogstul set February 12th, 2021 as international release date for their debut full-length album “Ominous Fragmenta Tuptdalr”. Album will be available on all digital stores + as a Limited edition Digipak.
Track “A Nightmare at 40 Fathoms” now available for streaming on Youtube – https://youtu.be/eL3r8bvlDHU
Spotify pre-save: https://show.co/x4ISrzg
Title: “Ominous Fragmenta Tuptdalr”
1. The Beast (18:27)
2. Tomb (14:57)
3. A Nightmare at 40 Fathoms (12:27)
• 45 Minutes of Norwegian orchestral Black metal.
• One-man-band with experience and participation in acts like Profane Burial, Haimad, Khôra and Omnia Moritur.
• Mixed and mastered at Stemcellar Studio by Göran Setitus (ex-Setherial, Svartghast)
• Layout by Jostein Thomassen (Borknagar, Source of Tide, ex-Mortiis, Fracture)
• Hogstul is a collection of memories from real life experiences transformed into music.
▪ “A Monumental piece of dark orchestral metal” – Oscuro Funeral Web
Hogstul was founded in 2019 by Kjetil Ytterhus (Profane Burial, ex-Haimad, Khôra, Omnia Moritur). The band/project’s first intentions was to release a pure orchestral journey with material gathered from over the years. When the track “A Nightmare at 40 Fathoms” was finished arranged and the orchestra worked to perfection, Kjetil felt something was missing, even though the desired feelings were present and achieved. Drums were programmed as a test to see if this could be a metal project worthy. Then guitars and bass were written and done as well before the ultimate challenge; vocals. Kjetil had never before done any vocals what so ever, but a microphone was bought and then he entered his studio with great spirit. Hogstul then sent all the material to Stemcellar studio for three mix and mastering sessions during the years 2019-2020.