As usual since 2000 – FURZE returns after 3 years of silence! Now with a debut video/single, mini-LP and a full-length CD! Furze still writes inspired primitive black metal fuelled with some occult transitions from the depths of the psyche. Little necro prog thrashin’ around as well. Taking the genre further in their own strange way, as they say, still keeping it oldie; having always had a fancy for the analog recording days. The new way of black metal which still wears its ol’ rotten clothes(production) you might say! The search for individual ways goes on with confidence!
Next year; 30 years have gone down in the black psych books of Reaper’s riff-raff “education”.
– Recorded at Reel Mazeckra Productions, which is Reaper’s current renamed studio – a 24 track semi-pro 1″ reel to reel studio still in ever growth. Here the passion for creating dark music continues to play its part!
– Mixed totally analog by Kenneth “Møkk” Storkås with WJR at Endless Tinnitus Studio and mastered by Tom Kvålsvoll at Kvalsonic Lab. The new Furze release is a 5 track mini-LP entitled BLACK PSYCH TORMENTOR. As a service, the CD version will have the entire previous vinyl-only album THE PRESENCE… of 2018 as bonus tracks and comes released as THE PRESENCE OF THE BLACK PSYCH TORMENTOR with 69 minutes of music.
-For the first time a Furze video have become reality with the title track from the upcoming mini-LP. Video was filmed/edited by Carl E. Torgersen (Necrolust Prod) and was done mainly in the Spro Caves (Norway) but also at the reh space and more places.. Additional private pics/filming in baked into the production. Should result in supreme inner stimulation for the dark soul! Like adding bats to a cave – this extends the sound of the BLACK PSYCH TORMENTOR.
– Frontcover artwork and more cover artwork is hand-drawn by Woe J Reaper (first time since 2010’s REAPER SUBCONSCIOUS GUIDE). And yes, the WOE J REAPER logo is put on the front, it just added to the black feeling of the artwork, suiting the music..
– All engineering/recordings and all instruments and vocals on both the mini-LP and the full CD version handled by Woe J Reaper.
– Release date VIDEO and digital SINGLE: – 13.8 2021 (pre-premiered on big screen at Vaterland Oslo on Aug 12th via Jernverket podcast Norway)
– Release date BLACK PSYCH TORMENTOR mini-LP: 22.10.2021
Versions: -Die hard POLYTRIAD FINGERPRINTS edition: 2-color vinyl, gatefold sleeve, A2 poster, signed and numbered 50 ex. – Die hard KATAKOMBEN edition: Different from above 2-color vinyl, gatefold sleeve, A2 poster, signed and numbered 50 ex. -Black vinyl edition with gatefold sleeve. 400ex.
-Full-length CD version (see info above): Same release date as above.
– 1 sided Black high-quality printed BLACK PSYCH TORMENTOR front cover T-shirt (normal and tank top versions). Release date: 12.8 2021 (on the prepremiere of the video)