Self-Titled Album Out June 3, 2022
Colorado’s Buried Realm has a third album coming out, and like its two predecessors, it is chock full of heavy riffs, whiplash-inducing drums, and solos performed by a multitude of talented guests from around the world. This latest, self-titled offering has a third single entitled “Poison Palace”, which features the furious guitar work of Obscura’s Christian Münzner and drums by Heikki Saari (Finntroll). The man behind the project, Josh Dummer explains the track:
“It is the most abrasive and intense Buried Realm song. Lyrically, it is about people becoming chemically dependent, believing there is no other cure for their ailments. Ultimately, driving people to the point of mind-warping insanity.”
It is fitting that Münzner took up guitar duties on this track, it is a violent display of adrenaline and devastatingly heavy solos. Throughout the rest of the album, guests include musicians such as Dan Swanö and Christopher Amott (Dark Tranquillity, ex-Arch Enemy).
“Poison Palace” can be heard via its premiere on MetalInjection HERE.
Buried Realm started with Dummer wanting to release a solo album, he worked with a plethora of illustrious musicians to create it, to a great media response. With the exception of the guests, he composes everything and intends to keep writing and putting out albums on a regular basis for as long as he can.
Technical and fierce, “Buried Realm” is recommended for fans of Scar Symmetry, Children of Bodom, and Nevermore.
The self-titled album will be available on June 3, 2022.
Digital pre-save – https://linktr.ee/buriedrealm
Lyric Video – Spectral Light – https://youtu.be/HCMQd5dirTE
Lyric Video – Quicksand Memory ft. Christopher Amott (Dark Tranquillity, ex-Arch Enemy) – https://youtu.be/pVHVv3n2GYU
1. Entrance (2:00)
2. Spectral Light (5:00)
3. Poison Palace (5:11)
4. The Iron Flame (4:46)
5. Witch Bones (3:43)
6. Where the Armless Phantoms Glide (4:01)
7. Elder Gods (4:17)
8. Quicksand Memory (5:37)
9. He’s Back (The Man Behind the Mask) (Alice Cooper cover) (3:53)
Album Length: 38:23
Album Recording Credits:
– All songs performed by: Josh Dummer
– All songs written by: Josh Dummer
– Produced by: Josh Dummer
– Mixed by: Ronnie Björnström
– Mastered by: Ronnie Björnström
– Album Artwork by: Pär Olofsson
Album Band Line Up:
– Josh Dummer – All instruments and vocals
– Heikki Saari – Drums
– Bob Katsionis (Witch Bones)
– Christian Münzner (Poison Palace)
– Christofer Malmström (Elder Gods)
– Christopher Amott (The Iron Flame/ Quicksand Memory)
– Dan Swanö (Where the Armless Phantoms Glide)
– Dean Arnold (Spectral Light, Primalfrost)